Saturday, June 18, 2011

A few things done for art today! I did get the painting shown in my last blog (June 2011) into the show at the Oregon Society of Artists  Rose Festival show. I called it "Saturday Market Magic". It will be up for a few more weeks. (My first painting in a gallery and first opening since college.) Felt good to do something and get it in by the deadline instead of just "want to." Now I do want to enter more and I must get better about looking for shows and getting work in on time. This process inspired me to go to a few other art shows and to check out a bunch of art zines at the library. Special thanks to Jackie at West Slope Library!

This magic lady is a collage combining photo with gimp and Fotoflexer design programs. Fun to do!  Now to decide what to do next...link to a place where one could order prints of it? Which link?...there are so many. I have heard good and bad about a few of them. Any ideas of websites that artists are happy with? Free to post would be good too...






This is another "baby" name sign I did. Forgive the background- I didn't get it cropped out. I have another sign with the name Jakub...just can't find the photo I tok of it. I need to organize my photos on the computer and move them into folders grouped by date/project.

If you are reading this, I hope you are having fun with your own art. It really saves my soul sometimes.

1 comment:

  1. Love the old photo with the painting around it. Is the person in the photo a relative? -- Cindy

    ReplyDelete